Canadian Frog Productions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian Frog Productions

The official forum of Canadian Frog Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Public service announcement no. 1: The miscellaneous forum is for topics that are serious, just not canadian frog related. The lolz forum is for topics that are completely random, out of context, or have funny pictures/videos in them. Thank you for your time.

Take off the swear blocker

Go down 
+2
Admin Pikablu5
Duffy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duffy
Duffy

Other
Motto: Bitch Please!
Best Meal =: Lunch

Take off the swear blocker Empty
PostSubject: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:15 pm

take it off, makes my lulz threads boring
Back to top Go down
Admin Pikablu5
Admin
Admin
Admin Pikablu5

Other
Motto: TAKE IT BACK
Best Meal =: Frog Eating Time

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:30 am

...No

Besides, it's fun to see people going like "O OMNOMZ, that llama touched me!"
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:17 am

Admin Pikablu5 wrote:
...No

Besides, it's fun to see people going like "O OMNOMZ, that llama touched me!"

no it's makes posts of outrage make no sense
Back to top Go down
Rowlar
Rowlar

Other
Motto: A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Best Meal =: Don't eat. Use Photosynthesis

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Makes it so..
I CAN'T F*****G E-RAGE M***********G PIECE OF OMNOMZ.

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR CONTENT.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:18 pm

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR ITS CONTENT

*************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************
Sexyburgers YOU

Last edited by Duffy on Fri May 08, 2009 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin Pikablu5
Admin
Admin
Admin Pikablu5

Other
Motto: TAKE IT BACK
Best Meal =: Frog Eating Time

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:32 pm

Is it absolutely necessary to swear? It turns off consumers, children who play our games, and their parents.

Also, it really pissed some people off...
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 12:27 am

Admin Pikablu5 wrote:
Is it absolutely necessary to swear? It turns off consumers, children who play our games, and their parents.

Also, it really pissed some people off...

1: We aren't selling anything so we don't have consumers.
2: I thought we were making our games for a mature players, not children & their parents.
3: If you get pissed off by a swear word, then you're a idiot

Last edited by Duffy on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rowlar
Rowlar

Other
Motto: A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:59 pm

Profanity is a choice.
It's not the word itself that's bad
It's the connotation & meaning behind the word.
The word means nothing if there's no thought behind it.
Those words wouldn't be considered "bad" if they had less of a bad connotation.
Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
XiX LLAMA XiX
Webmaster
Webmaster
XiX LLAMA XiX

Other
Motto: I will Devour your hearts and crap out your SOULS!!
Best Meal =: Breakfast

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 6:42 pm

Give me five logical reasons why I should turn off the swear blocker, and I might consider it.

The Webmaster has spoken
Back to top Go down
Rowlar
Rowlar

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:47 pm

XiX LLAMA XiX wrote:
Give me five logical reasons why I should turn off the swear blocker, and I might consider it.

The Webmaster has spoken

Duffy & Myself have spoken to Weasser about this.
If you want the 5 logical reasons, ask him, Me & Duffsters probably forgot..

Teh M0d has sp0k3n
Back to top Go down
XiX LLAMA XiX
Webmaster
Webmaster
XiX LLAMA XiX

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Post the reasons here, or they don't actually exist.
Back to top Go down
weasser
Admin
Admin
weasser

Other
Motto: In Frog We Trust, always...

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 5:32 pm

ok there are no reasons but it would be best if we simply had a disclamer before each thread containing profanity.
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 12:31 am

weasser wrote:
ok there are no reasons but it would be best if we simply had a disclamer before each thread containing profanity.

There are quite valid reasons for allowing swearing, I am just to lazy to post them and I see no reason why we didn't do what Andrew had just suggested in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Shannon
Shannon

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm no admin, but If the only reason you want the swear filter off is because you want your 'angry' posts to be more effective, then I say we keep it. I'm sure you can think of a more civilized and creative way to express your anger than to curse, and allowing cursing does turn more people away than it attracts.
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Shannon wrote:
I'm no admin, but If the only reason you want the swear filter off is because you want your 'angry' posts to be more effective, then I say we keep it.

bounce Moderator Duffy likes this. bounce
Back to top Go down
Rowlar
Rowlar

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:28 am

Shannon wrote:
I'm no admin, but If the only reason you want the swear filter off is because you want your 'angry' posts to be more effective, then I say we keep it. I'm sure you can think of a more civilized and creative way to express your anger than to curse, and allowing cursing does turn more people away than it attracts.

I'll agree with you on the turning people away part.
There could be a system in which only people who have been proven to use cursing in moderation.
i.e. : Not having a swear every 2-3 words.
Swearing is effective and ineffective in some aspects.
It shows [Admin/Mod] how upset you are with how a certain person/forum is acting.
But it also seems that if an admin is speaking directly with another forum visiter, via pm, etc.
No swearing should be used in that aspect.
And Frankly, I don't know about the rest of the mods and Admin's, because I can't speak for them.
But I know my expectations for peoples behavior is pretty high.
So if they improve the swear blocker,
Those immature kids won't feel my wrath.
Hell hath no fury like Rowlar scorned.

In conclusion.
Let the masses swear.
Let the higher ups be better than that.
And just refrain from doing it.
Back to top Go down
XiX LLAMA XiX
Webmaster
Webmaster
XiX LLAMA XiX

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:13 pm

The problem with the swear filter, is that you have to type in everything that you want to be blocked, for example, if you want to block the s-word, you have to have it block OMNOMZ shiT OMNOMZ sHit OMNOMZ shIT OMNOMZ ShiT OMNOMZ ShIT OMNOMZ sHIT OMNOMZ SHiT OMNOMZ SHIT sh!t sh!T sH!t Sh!t etc. and so forth. By the way, everything above that says OMNOMZ is something that was successfully blocked.
Back to top Go down
Rowlar
Rowlar

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:33 pm

XiX LLAMA XiX wrote:
The problem with the swear filter, is that you have to type in everything that you want to be blocked, for example, if you want to block the s-word, you have to have it block OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ sh!t sh!T sH!t Sh!t etc. and so forth. By the way, everything above that says OMNOMZ is something that was successfully blocked.

Why omnomz?
Why not just a few ****
Or xxxx
Or 00000
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:35 pm

That was one of the reasons I wanted the blocker off because of the retarded replacements. It is one thing to block something with a few ****, it is another to block it with sexyburgers... Shocked

And the point of spamming the swearing or going overkill trolling, it is fact that these people will want to swear more if it is against the rules. If you just let people swear as much as they like the thrill of breaking the rules is gone. Therefore by blocking swearing you are making people want to swear more.

That is two reasons... would anyone else like to come up with three more?
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:37 pm

XiX LLAMA XiX wrote:
The problem with the swear filter, is that you have to type in everything that you want to be blocked, for example, if you want to block the s-word, you have to have it block OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ OMNOMZ sh!t sh!T sH!t Sh!t etc. and so forth. By the way, everything above that says OMNOMZ is something that was successfully blocked.

I have a fast way to fix this, remove it...
Back to top Go down
Rowlar
Rowlar

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Duffy wrote:
That was one of the reasons I wanted the blocker off because of the retarded replacements. It is one thing to block something with a few ****, it is another to block it with sexyburgers... Shocked

And the point of spamming the swearing or going overkill trolling, it is fact that these people will want to swear more if it is against the rules. If you just let people swear as much as they like the thrill of breaking the rules is gone. Therefore by blocking swearing you are making people want to swear more.

You can't deny his flawless logic.
YOU CANNOT DENY IT.
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:16 pm

Rowlar wrote:
Duffy wrote:

You can't deny his flawless logic.
YOU CANNOT DENY IT.

I are the Logic MASTER
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:28 pm

I think that also that a huge part of the solution would be to moderate the forums...

BTW: yay summer! Smile
Back to top Go down
XiX LLAMA XiX
Webmaster
Webmaster
XiX LLAMA XiX

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Sorry about the retarded replacements. Chandra made them and I am not allowed to undo any of his decisions. It's his website after all. =P
Back to top Go down
Duffy
Duffy

Other

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 7:22 pm

XiX LLAMA XiX wrote:
Sorry about the retarded replacements. Chandra made them and I am not allowed to undo any of his decisions. It's his website after all. =P

Mad lies Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Take off the swear blocker   Take off the swear blocker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Take off the swear blocker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Canadian Frog Productions :: Welcome to CFP's Forum! :: Suggestions-
Jump to: